Dr. Anghel is a graduate of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Targu Mures, Romania. She completed her Internal Medicine residency and Gastroenterology fellowship at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Anghel joined Northeast Digestive Health in 2015.
Women-to-Women Care for Your GI Needs
Meet Our Providers
Northeast Digestive Health Center offers women-to-women care from our female gastroenterologists and physician assistants. Using state-of-the-art diagnostic tools in a supportive environment, we provide diagnosis and treatment for all digestive concerns, conditions or diseases for female patients who wish to address their GI issues with another woman.
We diagnose and treat conditions commonly encountered by women
- Dr. Geanina Anghel
Did You Know?
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) occurs 2 to 3 times more often in women than in men.
- Women can experience GI disorders unique to hormonal fluctuations, pregnancy and delivery.
- Women tend to experience nausea and bloating more frequently than men due to the slower emptying of food from the stomach.
- Women tend to be more constipated than men due to slower emptying from the large intestine.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), which includes both Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis, is more frequent in women with a ratio of about 2:1.
- Colon cancer is the number 3 cancer for women in the United States. Screenings for women require special considerations due to anatomical differences, pregnancy or previous surgeries.
- Women have slower gallbladder emptying than men normally and are twice as likely to develop gallstones as men.
Meet Our Female Physicians
Meet Our Female Mid-Levels
Northeast Digestive also can refer our female patients to care partners and experts in other areas, including:
- Nutritional and dietary counseling
- Psychological and emotional support
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Let Northeast Digestive Health Center help meet all your gastroenterology needs. If you’re experiencing symptoms or have concerns about your digestive health, call us today at 888-286-0210 or request an appointment online.