Dr. Anghel is a graduate of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Targu Mures, Romania. She completed her Internal Medicine residency and Gastroenterology fellowship at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Anghel joined Northeast Digestive Health in 2015.
Women-to-Women Care for Your GI Needs
Meet Our Providers
Northeast Digestive Health Center offers women-to-women care from our female gastroenterologists and physician assistants. Using state-of-the-art diagnostic tools in a supportive environment, we provide diagnosis and treatment for all digestive concerns, conditions or diseases for female patients who wish to address their GI issues with another woman.
We diagnose and treat conditions commonly encountered by women
- Abdominal bloating
- Anorectal dysfunction/Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Fecal incontinence
- Malabsorption/Celiac disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative colitis/Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Rectal bleeding
- Colon cancer
- Dr. Geanina Anghel
Did You Know?
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) occurs 2 to 3 times more often in women than in men.
- Women can experience GI disorders unique to hormonal fluctuations, pregnancy and delivery.
- Women tend to experience nausea and bloating more frequently than men due to the slower emptying of food from the stomach.
- Women tend to be more constipated than men due to slower emptying from the large intestine.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), which includes both Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis, is more frequent in women with a ratio of about 2:1.
- Colon cancer is the number 3 cancer for women in the United States. Screenings for women require special considerations due to anatomical differences, pregnancy or previous surgeries.
- Women have slower gallbladder emptying than men normally and are twice as likely to develop gallstones as men.
Meet Our Female Physicians
Dr. Hawes completed her Internal Medicine residency at the Medical College of Pennsylvania and Hahnemann University. She was also Chief Resident in Internal Medicine and completed her gastroenterology fellowship at Drexel University College of Medicine. Dr. Hawes joined Northeast Digestive Health Center in 2007.
Meet Our Female Mid-Levels
Mrs. Amin is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and has Nursing Assistant and Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers certifications. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science from the University of South Carolina and her Master of Science degree in Physician Assistant Practice from Campbell University. Mrs. […]
Ms. Bauman assists our team of physicians in delivering the highest quality of care to our patients. She is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) and holds a Master of Science in physician assistant studies from Gardner Webb University and a Bachelor of Science in Biology from North Carolina State […]
Ms. Fowler assists our team of physicians in delivering the highest quality of care to our patients. She is a certified Physician Assistant (NCCPA) with Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certifications. She holds a Master of Physician Assistant Studies from High Point University and a Bachelor of Arts in Exercise and Sports […]
Mrs. Kimble is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and has current State of North Carolina Physician Assistant and Drug Enforcement Administration licenses, as well as Basic Life Support certification. She holds a Doctorate of Medical Sciences and a Masters of Physician Assistant Medicine from University of Lynchburg, School of PA […]
Mrs. Quigg is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and obtained her license through the North Carolina State Medical Board. She is a member of the North Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants and holds a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies from University of Texas Southwestern and Bachelor of Arts […]
Mrs. Sykes is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and has current state of North Carolina Physician Assistant and Drug Enforcement Administration licenses, as well as Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support certifications. She holds a Master of Science in physician assistant studies from East Carolina University, College of […]
Mrs. Trull is a graduate of the Physician Assistant Program at Wake Forest University School of Medicine. She completed her Bachelor of Science in Biology at Elon University. Kelsey joined Northeast Digestive Health Center in 2014. In her free time, Mrs. Trull enjoys spending time on the Carolina coast, singing, playing guitar, working out on […]
Northeast Digestive also can refer our female patients to care partners and experts in other areas, including:
- Nutritional and dietary counseling
- Psychological and emotional support
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Let Northeast Digestive Health Center help meet all your gastroenterology needs. If you’re experiencing symptoms or have concerns about your digestive health, call us today at 888-286-0210 or request an appointment online.